Based in Manila, Philippines
Press / Business contact:
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
+63 917 723 3936
A curated showcase of rising talents and established Philippine game developers during one of the largest game conventions in Southeast Asia, ESGS.
HistoryBefore the Fiesta
Indie Arena started as an event feature for ESports and Gaming Summit in 2015. Joebert Yu contacted Gwen Foster and Joshua Bautista to curate 20 games. For the next three years, Indie Arena became a platform for independent studios to showcase their games. Indie Arena alumnis have seen great success, namely Most Played Games' Flippy Bottle Extreme, Yangyang Mobile's The Letter, Chryse's Shots Fired to name a few. At this time, there were collaborations and efforts to bring indie game developers oversees such as the Games and Politics Game Jam which was supported by Goethe Institut Philippines — the team behind the game, Diaspora, made in under 20 hours, received support to attend GamesCom Koln.Changing Perspective
Most students go into a game development course with their love of gaming but realize how much work gets poured into each game. The few who survive get the shot to develop games and take risks while still in school. But one thing very few schools allow is the experience of shipping games. What started out as 20 local game developers has now grown into more than 60 independent game developers across platforms. Slowly but surely, Indie Fiesta is building better relationships within the game industry, encouraging gamers to become game developers. As with all event features and spaces in ESGS, the goal of Indie Fiesta is to strengthen and foster a community where developers and gamers alike can find games that they would want to play, even if they have to build it themselves.
This video is nice YouTube
There are far more images available for Indie Fiesta, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Indie Fiesta. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Gwendelyn Foster awarded with Community Contributor during the 10th Year Celebration of Game Design and Development Education" - De La Salle - College of St. Benilde, September 2019
- "Francis Roque, awarded with Community Contributor during the 10th Year Celebration of Game Design and Development Education" - De La Salle - College of St. Benilde, September 2019
- "Quirky Filipino-made games are on display at the show's Indie Fiesta"
- Angelo Gonzales, Rappler
- "An extremely positive quote from a rather insignificant person. Also great."
- Some Guy, This Page Is Visited By 12 Visitors A Month
- "I pretend to love this game even though I do not actually understand it."
- Pretentious Bastard, Artsy Page
- "HOLY SHIT SO AMAZING"
- Caps Guy, Angry Review
Company Link #1
This link is a link that might be useful. You can check it out at http:.